INCREASES VITAMIN D LEVELS. Walking in daylight increases the body’s vitamin D levels – a nutrient that is difficult to obtain from food but can be synthesized through exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D plays a massive role in many ways, from bone health to immune system health.
RISE THE LEVELS OF ENERGY. It may seem like a paradox, but a good walk is one of the best natural energizers at our disposal. Walking increases circulation and increases oxygen supply to every cell in the body, helping you feel more alert and alive. It also releases stiffness in the joints and relieves muscle tension. Post-lunch energy slumps are much better combated with a walk rather than sitting at a desk sipping coffee.
INCREASE WELLNESS LEVELS. The ability of exercise to improve mood is indisputable. Studies have shown that regular, moderate-intensity exercise (such as brisk walking) is as effective as antidepressants in mild to moderate depression because it releases endorphins into the bloodstream, reducing stress and anxiety. Meeting friends for a walk and talk is also a great way to banish feelings of isolation and loneliness. For the most benefit, walk outside.
- Get adequate footwear: it is crucial to wear suitable shoes when we start walking. The soles must be flexible and must be the correct size. This will prevent possible injury to your feet and legs.
- Walk with flexibility: Flexible shoes will help you, but you should still try to take steps in a relaxed way, one after another, allowing a natural and flexible movement of the feet.
- Do not take steps that are too big as this will punish the feet and the calves. It is preferable to take smaller steps, according to the size of the person.
- Maintain good posture. This will allow you to breathe well and maintain your body line. The chin-up, parallel to the ground and the eyes looking about 3 meters ahead.
- The arms should not be still. The arms must be in motion, constant, like a pendulum in front and behind.
- The exercise should be gentle, constant and regular. An exercise that involves a great effort and that causes the heart to shoot is not advisable.
- Walking 30 minutes a day amounts to an expenditure of about 1000 calories a week. It is not necessary to walk 30 minutes at a time unless we want to lose weight. Then we will have to increase to 40-45 minutes and do it in one go since the deposited fat begins to burn 20-25 minutes after starting an activity.
- It does not work, yes, any walk. You have to go briskly until you break into a sweat, “at a pace that allows you to speak but not sing.” It is not advisable not to go out for a walk until two hours after a copious meal. On the contrary, if you have not had lunch, they recommend having a piece of fruit first, for example, a banana. You should also drink water if the walk lasts more than 30 minutes and go from more minor to more so that the muscles warm-up.
- Walking with poles. It is an adapted form of Nordic walking. Among other benefits, it helps to work more than 90% of the muscles while we walk. It also helps reduce the impact on the joints when performing the movements and tones the legs; walking with poles helps burn more calories. It improves coordination and mobility, helps reduce tension and stress.
Promote weight loss
The body increases energy expenditure during this physical activity, using accumulated fat to produce energy during exercise, promoting weight loss. However, this will depend on several factors, such as the frequency and speed with which you walk and the metabolism of the person himself. For this reason, some tips for losing weight by walking include:
Contract the muscles of the abdomen to maintain a correct posture; Walk quickly so that the breathing accelerates and it is not possible to converse easily; Swing your arms vigorously while walking improves blood circulation.
If done daily, walking helps you lose weight and lose belly, burning up to 400 calories per hour and approximately 2.5 cm of abdominal circumference per month. In addition to this, you can also perform a routine to promote increased muscle mass, which can be done at home after the walk. See a bodybuilding workout routine and learn more tips for weight walking.
Health Benefits of Walking
Regular exercise improves memory, as physical activity ica stimulates more excellent blood circulation in the brain, favouring the production of catecholamines during exercise. For this to happen, it is required that you walk daily, at a moderate speed for about 30 minutes.